Dust off your clubs and circle those shoulders, because the annual RILS golf tournament is back!
Join us on Friday, July 5th for the biggest RILS fundraiser of the year.
The tournament will take place in the beautiful leafy UBC Golf Course, with a shotgun start at 8:00am. The 18 hole course offers West Coast golf at its finest – lined by towering old growth trees and featuring long narrow fairways, it’s no wonder the course has repeatedly been touted Vancouver’s best public golf course.
After a few hours of play, sit back and relax with a luncheon served in the University Golf Club function room followed by a silent auction. Last year’s event saw auction items including a golf package for four at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, two nights accommodation for two at Poet’s Cove on Pender Island with 18 holes of golf, whale watching trips, a golf package for four at the University Golf Club, and much more!
And if all of this isn’t tempting enough, we’re holding a putting contest and two hole-in-one prizes of $10,000 each. The prizes will be awarded to a range of categories: Men’s KP and Ladies’ KP; Men’s or Ladies Closest to the Line; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Team Low Net; and Most Honest Team.
Anyone can register, and anyone can play. The event is open to all skill levels – so spread the word to your family, friends and colleagues.
Don’t have your own clubs but still want to play? Clubs can be hired at the Pro Shop on the course, so arrive a little earlier in the morning so you’re all set up for the shotgun start.
- Individual registration ($185.00) covers an individual place in the tournament with a golf cart. You’ll begin the day with morning coffee and donuts, indulge in a delicious lunch after a few hours of play, and finish off the day with a silent auction.
- Community Partner ($1500) covers the entry for a team of four into the tournament, with the same coverage as the individual registration. Being a corporate partner also means your business name will feature on the display board, in the tournament program, on our website, and at its very own tee box!
- Hole Sponsorship ($300) enables you to have your business name feature at a tee box, as well as the other promotional features listed in the corporate sponsorship.
If you’re not a keen golfer and prefer to sit back with a glass of wine, no problem – you can purchase a ticket for the luncheon and silent auction only ($65).
What does the money go towards?
RILS work to make life even richer for our tenants by providing them with daily social activities, outings and trips away. The monies raised from our fundraising events contribute to a range of activities that enrich the wellbeing of our tenants. From paddle boarding to horse riding and ice hockey tickets to baking classes, your donations will go towards invaluable and exciting new experiences.
How do I register?
You can also register via post or fax, although this will take slightly longer to process than the online option. If you have any questions, please contact us at 604-731-0401 or email us email@example.com.
Tax receipts will be issued immediately for all online registrations via Canada Helps, and for all other methods of registration, a tax receipt will be mailed out later in the year.
A big thank you to our 2018 Golf Tournament Sponsors who made it all possible!
Without you, we wouldn’t have been able to raise an incredible $23,000 for the work we do here at RILS. So from all of our volunteers and tenants, we say an enormous thank you!
- BC Building Science
- Concert Properties
- DYS Architecture
- Tompkins, Wozny LLP
- RBC Foundation
- Ansan Industries
- Ashit Dattani TD Wealth
- Bar Code Applications
- Bowen Island Building
- Brewery Creek Liquor Store
- Carlos O’Bryan’s Pub
- Cawley, Curren, Wong & Assoc.
- Centra Windows
- Cleantech Service Group
- Coastal Ford Sales Ltd.
- The Hall Family
- Jak’s Beer Wine Spirits
- Joe’s Grill
- John Yap MLAl
- Rimex Supply Ltd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart Minoru Village
- Shoppers Drug Mart Seafair Mall