CASUAL COOK POSITION
Location: Flexible – can be based at either the False Creek or Steveston Residences
Summary of Duties:
Prepares assigned food items by methods such as roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, boiling, baking, and performs cleaning duties such as sweeping floors and cleaning countertops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and provides meals for 10 – 24 residents according to pre-established menu.
- Provides input into menu planning and recipe development and organizes time to ensure most efficient scheduling of duties.
- Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats, fish, poultry, vegetables, and desserts by methods such as roasting, frying, grilling, steaming, poaching, boiling, baking and re-heating. Tests food items for palatability and temperature and adjusts accordingly.
- Carves food items such as meat and poultry and controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas.
- Checks and maintains a minimum level of supplies and fills out order forms and updates standing food orders.
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning countertops, sinks, machines, equipment, and spot washing walls and splash areas. Removes garbage as required.
- Performs duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards, and checking lists. Informs manager of any required changes in resident needs or any concerns.
- Communicates with residents and care staff.
- Performs other related duties as required
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized 12 month program in cooking or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com